FaceBook

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Topics / Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Author Topic: Peanut Butter cookies  (Read 216 times)

Offline Rhiannon

• Show only replies by Rhiannon
  • BG Tracker
Peanut Butter cookies
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »
Last year, I made some sugar-free, flourless peanut butter cookies.  I liked the flavor, but they crumbled to pieces the moment you touched them.  You couldn't honestly call the finished product "cookies." 

So I stopped making them until I got a craving recently.  Back online I went and found the very basic and simple recipe. 

1 cup creamy peanut butter *
1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Mix ingredients together by hand until well mixed.
Roll balls of dough into about the size of a large walnut and place on cookie sheet that has been lightly greased with coconut oil.

Press a fork onto cookies, flattening somewhat and making grid marks.  Sprinkle a little Swerve on top if desired.

Bake at 350 for 14 minutes; then reduce the temp to 320 and bake another 9-10 minutes

When I first made this batch, I took them out after 14 minutes as the recipe called for.  As I took the first cookie off the sheet, it crumbled into many pieces.  In frustration, I put the batch back in the oven and cooked another 10 minutes on 350.  To my surprise, they did not burn and they did hold together.  The next time I made them, I did the 1st 14 minutes on 350 and the final 9 minutes at 320. 

I have a gas oven.  I also kept a close eye (and nose) on the cookies, looking and smelling for any signs they were burning.  They are slightly crisp on the bottom, but still fairly soft and chewy overall.

*I am able to grind my own peanut butter at the local Raley's grocery store, so there is no added sugar.

Offline Grammabear

• VETERAN
    • Show only replies by Grammabear
  • BG Tracker
  • Diabetes Type: Type 1
  • Diagnosis Year: 2003
Re: Peanut Butter cookies
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:47:38 PM »
Thank you for sharing your PB cookie recipe.  My hubby loves a sweet treat in his lunch every night and I think these cookies will fit the bill nicely.
Type 1, April 2003
Dexcom CGM Sep 2007
Tslim pump Oct 2015
A1C 6.5% - March 2018
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  ~Maya Angelou

Offline Rhiannon

• Show only replies by Rhiannon
  • BG Tracker
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
We are still having cool weather and rain in northern California, so I like to brew a cup of coffee in the evenings and have a couple of these cookies with a cup of coffee.  :)  I'll be making another batch when I get home today. I tend to have the same treat again and again, then I finally tire of it and move on to something else.  For now, my craving is peanut butter cookies.

Offline Grammabear

• VETERAN
    • Show only replies by Grammabear
  • BG Tracker
  • Diabetes Type: Type 1
  • Diagnosis Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »
You have a good habit as far as I'm concerned.  A cup of coffee and a couple of cookies sounds wonderful.  :)  I also do the same thing as far as treats go and my husband thinks I'm silly.  He has the same treat over and over again - which is a whole apple but of course he is not diabetic either.
Type 1, April 2003
Dexcom CGM Sep 2007
Tslim pump Oct 2015
A1C 6.5% - March 2018
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  ~Maya Angelou